As it's pancake day tomorrow I thought I'd re-share my favourite protein pancake recipe with you! A healthy, nutritious and delicious way to enjoy your pancakes tomorrow morning :)
I am an absolute sucker for pancakes... if I could eat them every single day I would (although it's probably a good thing that I don't). I've experimented with a lot of different versions of protein pancakes and I have to admit that these ones are up there with the best. I often use Quest protein powder for this recipe as it gives such an amazing texture - they are light and fluffy with a natural sweet flavour from the banana. However, it will work with any other protein powder.
Recipe (serves 2)
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used salted caramel Quest whey protein)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- coconut oil (for frying)
1) Blend banana and eggs in a food processor until smooth and then pour mixture into a mixing bowl
2) Add protein powder , baking powder & maca powder (if using) and stir to combine.
3) In a non-stick frying pan, heat a small amount of coconut oil until melted
4) Pour spoonful of mixture into frying pan and fry gently until you can put your spatula under the pancake without it breaking (approx. 4-5 mins)
5) Flip the pancake and cook for another couple of minutes.
6) Repeat until all mixture has been used!
In the photo at the top of the page I served my pancakes with warm smashed berries, a dark chocolate sauce and a cashew nut cacao crumb. In the photo at the bottom I served them with strawberries, chopped bananas and a homemade macadamia 'nutella' (recipe coming soon). However, you can serve them with whatever you like - I tend to swap between chocolatey pancakes or fruity pancakes... it's completely up to you and depends what you're in the mood for. These pancakes are so quick and easy so they are perfect to rustle up on a Sunday morning to impress your friends and family!
Make sure you tag me (@josie_eatyourselfstrong) if you make any of my recipes so I can check them out! :)