Hosting a Christmas dinner and not sure what to make for dessert? These healthy, raw and delicious rocky roads make a great snack or dessert... perfect served with a cup of tea! The main ingredients in the recipe are nuts and dates making it a a nutritious alternative to the normal sugar-filled rocky roads.
I used my favourite brand of coconut oil - Pure Naturally - in this recipe (and no I'm not paid to say that). I just find that some coconut oil can be really overpowering whereas this brand get the flavour spot on whilst being completely natural and fresh.
Recipe (makes 20 small pieces)
- 60g pistachios
- 60g walnuts
- 60g cashew nuts
- 100g pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (40g) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil
- Zest & juice of half an orange
- 1/4 cup brown rice puffs
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- handful of desiccated coconut
1) Blend nuts and dates in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
2) Add cacao, coconut oil and zest & juice of orange to the food processor and blend to combine.
3) Transfer mixture into a mixing bowl and add the brown rice puffs, goji berries and cranberries. Mix well with hands to combine.
4) Place mixture into a square baking tin and sprinkle a few more goji berries and the coconut on top.
5) Leave to set in fridge for 1-2 hours and then cut into squares.
As always, make sure you tag me in your creations @josie_eatyourselfstrong so I can see what you've been cooking!