This is the perfect breakfast to get you in the Christmas spirit... it tastes indulgent and so delicious but in reality it is just a pimped-up bowl of porridge. Warming, festive and nutritious... amazing!
Serve it up for friends and family who might be staying with you during the festive period or simply make it for yourself (that's what I did!) and enjoy every single mouthful!
Recipe (serves 1)
- 40g quick oats
- 50g grated zucchini
- 150ml milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp honey
- Zest & juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tsp cranberries
- 1 tsp goji berries
- 1 square dark chocolate
1) Add oats, zucchini and milk to a bowl. Stir well to combine and then cook in microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Remove bowl from microwave. Add cacao powder, honey and some orange zest and juice. Add a dash more milk at this point if it is too dry.
3) Top the bowl of oats with some more orange zest, cranberries, goji berries and dark chocolate.
Now I'm off to do my last workout before Christmas and then I'm going to come back and make this delicious bowl of porridge... hope you'll join me!