Crispy kale salad with avocado, pomegranate and goats cheese
If you are looking for a light, refreshing and healthy salad to serve up with your dinner then this is the one for you! It only takes 10 minutes to make and doesn't even need a salad dressing to make it taste delicious.
Inspired by my gorgeous mum who is obsessed with pomegranate seeds and has passed on that obsession to me! I hope you love them just as much as we do :)
Recipe (serves 2-3)
- 1 medium bunch kale, broken into small pieces
- 1 medium avocado, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 50g goats cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
1) Heat the oil in a small frying pan and pan-fry the kale with sea salt for 5 minutes (or until crispy)
2) Meanwhile, scoop the seeds out of the pomegranate into a bowl
3) Place kale in a large bowl and top with the avocado chunks, pomegranate seeds and crumble the goats cheese on top.
And that's all... you can't get much easier than that! As you can see from the photo above, I served mine with sweet potato fries and homemade black bean burgers... a delicious vegetarian meal (can be made vegan by omitting goats cheese).