I mentioned to a friend in the car on Saturday that I was going to make a chocolate pudding using an avocado and I got the strangest look - like 'why on earth would you use an avocado in a dessert?'. Well, I'm here to prove him wrong!
When I got home that day I jumped straight into the kitchen to make this delicious dessert and I can safely say that it will change the minds of any sceptical people! If you never told people you used avocado, they'd honestly never know.
It just takes like a banana chocolatey mousse/pudding with a creamy texture - perfect for a nutritious dessert to serve up for friends and family. it would even taste great as a chocolate tart filling or a chocolate frosting on a cake.... yum!
Recipe (serves 2)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (I used Naked Chocolat from The Healthy Chef)
- 1 tbsp chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp honey/rice malt syrup/maple syrup
- 2 drops chocolate stevia (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (approx. 2 minutes depending on power of your blender)
2) Serve in small bowls and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
It really is as simple as that. 2 steps... 5 minutes... done! You can thank me later :)
As always, be sure to tag me in your photos when you make this so I can share the love!