As you probably know by now I am a pancake queen at the weekend... I always save one banana during the week and let it ripen so it's ready to bake with at the weekend - yep, I do this every week! Sad? Maybe.
One weekend I decided to push myself outside of my comfort zone and use that banana for something a little different and this is what I came up with... Banana French Toast.
Yep that's right. Toast that tastes like banana. Sounds, weird, but it's amazing.
And so easy too!
Perfect for impressing friends or family - cook them breakfast in bed with this bad boy and you'll be in the good books for sure.
I actually used protein bread in this recipe to give the meal a higher protein content but you can use normal bread or whatever you prefer - rye, sourdough, gluten-free and so on... the list is endless!
Recipe (serves 1)
- 2 slices bread
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- dash of almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp frozen raspberries
- 1/2 passion fruit
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 square dark chocolate
- 1/2 banana
1) In a shallow bowl mix together mashed banana, egg and almond milk
2) Soak the bread in the banana mixture, coating both sides evenly
3) Meanwhile, heat coconut oil on a griddle pan
4) Once the pan is hot add the soaked bread and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown
5) Once cooked, remove from heat and serve with toppings of choice
As you can see, it really is bloody simple. A few ingredients that make a flavour sensation. You can thank me later!
Remember to take a photo and tag me if you make the recipe! And enjoy :)