Fish wrapped in prosciutto served on a bed of spicy lentils
To start, I firstly need to apologise for neglecting savoury recipes on my blog.
I have a sweet tooth, what can I say?
But I know how important it is to find delicious, quick and easy healthy recipes because that is what keeps us on track at the end of the day. You can't really live a healthy lifestyle by ONLY eating healthy desserts. We need proper food sometimes you know!
And believe it or not, I actually think I prefer creating healthy savoury recipes. So I really should share more of them with you.
This dish is one of my favourite mid-week dinners. Fish is an incredible source of protein and healthy fat and paired with lentils and vegetables it is a perfectly balanced, delicious combo.
Recipe (serves 2)
- 2 fillets sustainable white fish
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 can lentils
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp thyme
- butter/oil, for frying
1) Heat oil in frying pan and cook onion and garlic for a few minutes until softened.
2) Add the rest of the vegetables and spices and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
3) Add lentils, chickpeas, stock and tomato puree to the frying pan and leave to simmer until all the stock has been absorbed.
4) Meanwhile, wrap the fish with prosciutto and pan fry in a separate pan with a knob of butter. Cook on each side for approx. 3-4 minutes (depending on size of fillet).
5) Once fish is cooked, serve with the spicy lentils.
Enjoy this balanced meal as a perfect weeknight dinner - full of protein, fats, carbs and lots of micronutrients from the veggies!