I've been asked to share a few more savoury recipes with you guys recently so I wanted to start with something which is so simple to make but also tastes delicious.
Miso is definitely on trend at the moment - I keep seeing it popping up all over the place. Not that I'm complaining... it tastes greeeeaatttt. And it is the perfect pairing with salmon. Especially when served on a bed of fresh veggies cooked in tamari/soy sauce.
Recipe (serves 2)
- 2 fillets salmon
- 1 sachet miso paste
- 1 packet bean sprouts (250g)
- 1 small (100g) red onion
- 1 small (100g) red pepper
- 50g cup mushrooms
- 1 small (100g) zucchini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- slice of fresh lemon
1) Rub salmon fillets in miso paste before wrapping in foil and cooking in oven for 12-15 minutes (180 degrees).
2) Whilst the salmon is cooking, chop the vegetables into thin strips/bite-size chunks.
3) Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion, pepper, mushrooms and zucchini and spices. Cook for 5 minutes.
4) Once the veggies are cooked, add the bean sprouts and a splash of tamari and cook for another 2 minutes.
5) When salmon is cooked, take out of oven and serve with the stirfry veggies, a teaspoon of sesame seeds and a slice of fresh lemon.