I am so excited to share this recipe with you! They are soft, fluffy mouthfuls of deliciousness... literally.
I rarely bake with protein powder as it can make things taste veeeryyy strange to say the least, and often quite dry. But these ones are neither of those things - I was pleasantly surprised (I had no idea what they were going to turn out like to be honest).
If you like carrot cake you'll LOVE these. Nothing else needs to be said. Just start baking!
Recipe (serves 6)
- 1 carrot (150g), grated
- 1/2 cup (75g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (70g) honey
- 30g whey protein (I used Whey Box Ginger but vanilla would work perfectly)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin paper
2) In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients (flour, protein, baking powder & spices)
3) Add the remaining wet ingredients to the mixture including the grated carrot and stir well to combine
4) Transfer mixture evenly to muffin holes
5) Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
I would love to say wait to cool before eating but they are so tempting that I had one straight away, so no judgements if you do the same!
Nutritional values per serve (1 muffin) - estimate only: