Chocolate is hands down one of my favourite foods in this entire world. I eat it every single day because it makes me happy and what's the point of not doing things that make you happy, right?
And with the added crunchy texture of the nuts in this recipe it's an absolute winner. I guess it's kind of a raw rocky road without any dried fruit/marshmallows, so you could definitely adapt this recipe and add those kind of things too!
I used 1/4 cup (80g) honey to sweeten these slices and in all honesty I find them quite sweet, but then I do eat very dark chocolate and tend to like my treats a little less sweet so if you're the same you could definitely use less honey. You can also mix up the nuts to suit your preferences. Basically, this recipe is so adaptable so have fun with it and I can't wait to see what creations you come up with!
RECIPE (makes 20 slices)
- 150g mixed nuts - I used 50g cashews, 50g almonds, 25g walnuts, 25g macadamias
- 1/2 cup/115g coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup/25g cacao powder
- 1/4 cup/80g honey (or less if you want them less sweet)
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp PB2 (optional)
1) Line a small brownie tray with baking paper
2) Blend the nuts in food processor until they are coarsley chopped (still lots of chunks)
3) Add the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined
4) Stir the nuts through the chocolate mixture
5) Pour into the prepared tray and leave in freezer to set for 2 hours
6) Divide into slices and eat!
These should last a while (if you can resist) because they are kept in the freezer to keep cool!